The group has been known by these names since its inception in 1949:
1949-1957 – Verona Choral Society
1957-1969 – Verona Chorus
1969-1976 – Verona-Cedar Grove Chorus
1976-1985 – Mastersingers
1985-2017 – Verona-Cedar Grove Chorus
2017 – Voices of Verona and West Essex Inc.
The group was founded as the Verona Choral Society in 1949. We were sponsored by the Recreation Departments of Verona and Cedar Grove, which provided rehearsal and performance space at no charge and provided some funds for the purchase of music. All other costs, including the salaries of our Director and Accompanist, are paid for out of our own funds.
The most recent manifestation, Voices of Verona and West Essex Inc., is a New Jersey corporation and 501(c)3 non-profit organization.